VERSION DATE: June 18th, 2021
- our software applications, devices and solutions made available by us for use on or through computers and/or other electronic devices to our customers, including end users or data subjects of such customers (“Solutions”);
- offline means such as when you place a purchase order or request for any maintenance and support services over the phone or e-mail.
(Points above are hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Platform”).
INFORMATION THAT IS OR MAY BE COLLECTED FROM YOU
We may collect the following personal data from the Platform, including but not limited to:
- Contact data and business contact information: name including first and last name of yourself, your employees and/or your contractors (“Representatives”), email address, mobile number and contact details of yourself and your Representatives, your address and postal code;
- Targeted data: your Representatives’ behavioral patterns;
- your Representatives’ records relating to violation of applicable laws;
- your Representatives’ location using GPS and driving routes;
- Biometric data: photographs, videos, voice recordings and images/footage captured on CCTV or other audio video systems when you access our Solutions;
- such other information about you as we may request, from time to time
We may also collect information pertaining to:
- the links you click on the Platform;
- the number of times you access the Platform’s page/portal;
- the number of times you have interacted on the Platform; and
- the duration and extent of interactions on the Platform.
We may collect your information for design and testing our Solutions, its application in real life environment, for research, analysis and/or verifications. Similarly, drivers or passengers reactions in the car can be studied during test phases and but this data will never be related to you as an individual, nor used in relation to you, as a data subject but used for statistical purposes in order to develop products that are adapted to the highest number of end users.
METHOD OF COLLECTING INFORMATION
METHOD OF USING INFORMATION
We may use your personal data for reasons including, but not limited to, the following:
- to provide you and/or the end users, our Services in accordance with agreed terms;
- to help us provide personalized features;
- to tailor the Platform to suit your interests;
- improve and/or optimize the Platform for you based on your usage pattern;
- to get in touch with you when necessary;
- to facilitate communication with you to ensure business continuity, including for the purpose of providing you with necessary information, references and recommendations about our Services and Solutions, and to develop business with prospective customers;
- for legal purposes;
- to preserve browsing history as governed by applicable law or policy; and
- for security purposes: to protect us, other users or our Platform and applications.
We use contact information internally to:
- to send you confirmations, acknowledgments and other details pertaining to continuing our Services or our Solutions that may be of interest to you;
- direct our efforts for improvement of the Platform and its contents;
- contact you as a survey respondent;
- send you promotional materials regarding: (i) offers, promotions and details of new Solutions; (ii) newly uploaded Platform content; and/or (iii) any information that we deem material in order for you to be a fully informed user of and visitor to the Platform.
We may use your information as otherwise permitted by law.
LEGAL BASIS FOR COLLECTING AND PROCESSING INFORMATION
We collect and process information about users like you who use our Platform. We consider that we have a legal basis to do so where:
- you have given us consent to do so for the specific purposes of using our Platform pursuant to an agreement entered into by your company or yourself with us, wherein we will process your data to fulfill the terms of the said agreement;
- it is necessary for us to do so to enable us to provide you with the Services that you have requested from us in using the Platform;
- it is necessary in order to fulfil our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) to protect the safety and security of our services and Platform, operating and improving the Platform, supporting our customers, marketing and promoting the Platform, and protecting our interests; or
- the law otherwise permits or requires it.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We take your privacy seriously and have implemented appropriate physical, technical and organizational security measures designed to secure your personal data against accidental loss, destruction or damage and unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure.
- we have your permission;
- it is with the concerned regulatory authority/body for the purposes of compliance with applicable law;
- it is with organizations or companies who may contact you for the purpose of availing supplementary or related services;
- it is to provide products or Services you have requested;
- it is with a successor to all or part of our business;
- special circumstances such as compliance with court orders, requests/order, notices from legal authorities or law enforcement agencies compel us to make such disclosure; or
- it forms a part of the anonymous information we share with our partners and/or advertisers on an aggregate basis.
We may share your information for reasons not described herein. However, the same shall be done only upon obtaining your consent.
THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS
If you would like to disable our access to any passive information we receive from the use of various technologies, you may do so by disabling cookies in your web browser, which may affect the complete use of our Platform, products and Services. Please be aware that LightMetrics will still receive information about your usage and also your personal data, such as your email address. If you choose to terminate your engagement with LightMetrics, we will store information about you for such period as permitted under applicable law, after which time the information may be deleted partially or fully as deemed fit at the given time.
DATA RETENTION POLICY
We will keep your data for as long as we provide access to our Platform. We will then keep data for a limited period when we no longer provide services to you to deal with any queries or complaints or as required under applicable law.
EEA AND UK RESIDENTS: YOUR RIGHTS
This Clause only applies to you if we process your data while you are in the EEA. It explains that you have a number of rights in relation to your personal data under the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”), the Data Protection Act, 2018, UK GDPR or any other applicable data protection laws following Brexit. However, the additional rights only apply when we process your personal data while you reside within the EEA or UK, as the case may be. If the additional rights do apply, you have the right to request that we:
- provide you with a copy of the information we hold about you;
- update any of your personal data if it is inaccurate or out of date;
- delete the personal data we hold about you – if you are using our Platform, and you ask us to delete personal data we hold about you then we may be unable to continue providing access to our Platform to you;
- restrict the way in which we process your personal data;
- stop processing your personal data if you have valid objections to such processing; and
- transfer your personal data to a third party.
In providing Services to you, you understand that we may transfer your information to different locations around the world. For users resident in the EEA or UK, where your personal data is transferred from the EEA or UK to a recipient outside the EEA or UK to a third country not recognized as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data, such transfer shall be covered by a framework recognized by the relevant authorities or courts as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data, including, but not limited to, Standard Contractual Clauses (as formulated under the European Commission’s decision of February 5, 2010 for the transfer of personal data to processors established in third countries, also used under the UK GDPR), the terms of which shall be incorporated by reference.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: YOUR RIGHTS
This section only applies to you if you are a California resident and we process your personal data. If that is the case, you have certain additional rights in relation to your personal data under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.100 et seq. If the CCPA applies to you, you have the right to request that we:
- disclose or provide copies to you, no more than twice in a 12-month period, the personal data about you that we have collected, used, or disclosed during the preceding 12 months; or
- delete the personal data we hold about you, but please note that if you are using our Platform, and you ask us to delete personal data we hold about you then we may be unable to continue providing access to our Platform to you;
- we may not be required to delete your personal data if it is necessary to:
- complete any transaction for which it was provided;
- detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- exercise any right provided to us by law;
- comply with a legal obligation; or
- otherwise use your personal data internally in a lawful manner compatible with the context in which you provided
As we do not sell your personal data, we do not offer an opt-out to the sale of personal data.
PROCEDURE FOR CORRECTING INACCURACIES IN THE INFORMATION
To correct or update any information you have provided, you may do so online. In the event of loss of login credentials, you can use any of the following options:
- Send an e-mail to: email@example.com; or
- Call the following telephone number: +18339884422.
In accordance with applicable data protection laws, the name and contact details of the grievance redressal officer are provided below: